Legend for you
Blue dots signify innocent lives
Red mostly for trauma and blood shed
Yellow for the opportunities and resources we have
Green for glimpses of hope and growth
And the rest is up to you
It’s not hard to understand
It’s easy to stay oblivious, look away
It’s difficult though
And for the rest of us
Who have had to live the experience
Who have had to do nothing but just watch
And quite frankly
Times I have had to look away
To preserve what I have left
When there is so much to see
I’m aware some of us have lost our sights
Either against our will or through our actions
But I promise you I still see things
And that I will make sure I do
And that the rest of the lenses do
We will see this through
Yet for now, choose your battles
We want progress
For more information on Myanmar and how you can provide support, please visit the following links.
Mental Health Support Services
- Emergency Contacts / Suicide Helplines Lifeline: 13 11 14 Suicide line: 1300 651 251 Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
- Monash Counselling Services Monash Counselling Monash counsellors are currently offering telehealth (video or phone) consultations. If you’re a Monash student, your appointment will be free. Emergency and After-Hours Mental Health Monash offers free and confidential 24/7 phone counselling for Monash students and staff: In Australia Students: 1300 STUDENT (1300 788 336) Staff: 1300 360 364 Outside Australia From Malaysia: 1800 818 356 (toll free) From Italy: 800 791 847 (toll free) From elsewhere: Students +61 2 8295 2917 Staff +61 2 8295 2292
- Faculty Contacts The following people are happy to be contacted: Dr Philippa Corby: Part of the Wellness Academic Group email@example.com Dr Matthew Thong: Registered Psychologist // Director of International Student Welfare firstname.lastname@example.org
- Independent Contacts DRS4DRS An independent, confidential service for medical students and doctors. They are well-versed in dealing with the issues that face people in the medical field.
- Difficult Circumstances Jodie Vickers email@example.com If you feel that your circumstances are negatively affecting your studies, please send Jodie Vickers an email. She will do her utmost to provide as much university support as possible.
- MUMUS Reps – Can contact your relevant academic and social representatives.